Friday, September 18, 2009

Another week, gone by

Friday-I'm not sure what we're going to do today. It's been a long couple of weeks at home. Even though we've been out and about, I'm still going a little stir crazy. This afternoon, we are going to town to look at two houses that are for sale. Maybe we'll get groceries after that.

Thursday-homemade applesauce in the crock pot, yum! I made two batches for D to take to school with him for a staff breakfast on Friday. One was apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. The other was apples, pears, white sugar, ginger, and vanilla. Use quartered apples, add a bit of water (just enough to cover the bottom of the slow cooker), and cook on low for 4-6 hours. When the apples are tender, mash with a potato masher or blend with a blender.

Wednesday-worked on some cute satin lined fleece hats. I'm hoping they are perfect for curly hair and that the satin lining will help keep frizzies away. At any rate, they are turning out darling with ribbons and buttons and appliques. When I get a few more done, I'll post pictures. Small group church in the evening.

Tuesday-Had to use my Walgreens coupons by today so off to Lincoln we went. Needed some more fish oil capsules so we went to Red Clover heath food store. Found some Hansen's Nectar Smoothies on sale. Mmmm...awesome juice. Worth the money. I also met with a small group of ladies from school; chit chat and craft type stuff.

Monday-I honestly don't remember what I did this day. The women's ministry at church kicked off it's fall schedule on Monday night so I know I went to that but I'm totally at a loss for the rest of the day. I'm guessing laundry and dishes were involved.

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I'm glad it's Friday. It's been a slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, very rainy, boring week. Finally the sun is out. Soccer workshop is in the morning for all youth soccer players.

sheri wiebe said...

I can't wait to see how your satin, fleece caps are turning out!
-Sheri