Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Weekend Recap

This weekend, I did a craft fair and tried to sell some of my purses. My cousin, Alissa, who also has crafty stuff came and brought her stuff too. We didn't do great but we did sell a few things. I sold one purse and picked up orders for two more. I would prefer someone bought the purses I already have made just so I don't have to store them but I suppose I shouldn't complain. I'm really not in it to get rich. I just need something to help occupy my time on the days I'm not subbing. And if I get to sit with someone I enjoy like my cousin for a whole day, that's a great bonus. She actually stayed overnight for two nights so we got to talk and bug my husband. Great fun. Funnily enough, the purse I actually sold is one I thought was kind of ugly, one that didn't turn out the way I wanted. I guess it's all relative when it comes to personal style.

D also has been working on our basement. Right now, our basement is a typical 100 year old house basement. It's a little creepy, really dirty, and home to about a million spiders. It also has several kinds bricks on the foundation, with funny patch jobs done where they installed plumbing. I'd like to get the patch jobs redone so they look a little nicer and paint our walls and ceiling so everything is one color. Our goal is to make the basement more of a useable space. The ceiling is so low and the limestone walls are kind of crumbly so we really can't make it a true finished basement but I would like to make it into a playroom of sorts. So D has been working on that lately. I think that's his diversion from thinking about passports and other adoption stuff. If you live in an old house and have done something wonderful to your basement, let me know what you've done. I'd love some ideas.

No comments: