Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tagged with the 8's

I've been tagged by Terry. Here are the questions and my answers:

8 favorite tv shows
Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
Big Bang Theory
Law and Order
Burn Notice
American Idol
Fraiser
I Love Lucy
The Cosby Show

8 things I did yesterday
Roasted a turkey
Made mashed potatoes
Baked a pumpkin dessert
Steam cleaned my carpets
Listed items on Ebay
Taught reading to kindergarteners
Made paper turkeys with kindergartners
Watched tv

8 things I look foward to
Traveling to Haiti to pick up Kenson and visit Conleigh
Receiving Kenson's passport and visa
A long Thanksgiving weekend with no obligations
Trying my hand at ploobing, thanks to my friend Rhiannon
Getting all my laundry done this weekend
Cleaning out some of the junk in my house while reorganizing the basement
Spring (I'm not a real fan of winter.)
Soccer season starting again (why, I'm not sure...)

8 of my favorite restaurants
Olive Garden
Carlos O'Kelleys
Christina's (local Mexican place)
Los Guanacos (local place owned by a family from El Savador, they make great pupusas)
Panera
The Tumbleweed (mom and pop cafe from my hometown, my grandma used to be a cook there)
Red Lobster
Hu Hot

8 things on my wish list
A passport and visa for Kenson
God's financial provision for our next trip to Haiti and the rest of Conleigh's adoption
An ever present sense in my childrens' hearts that they are loved by God, by others, and by us
A peaceful, rested heart for my mom as she helps her mom and brother face health concerns
Continued spiritual growth for D and myself, especially in the area of parenting
A mad rush of orders on Etsy which would thin out my purses
For our basement to be easily cleaned up and worked on (if you live in an old house, you know that nothing is ever as easy as it seems)
For kids everywhere to have the security that functioning families offer

Wow! That was actually harder than I thought. It took a lot more time too! Anyway, I tag the following people to reveal their deep dark secrets:

Alissa
Lisa
Rhiannon

I think a bunch of you were already tagged by Terry but if not and I missed you too, feel free to play along anyway. Just list your answers and then tag some more friends.

No comments: