Sunday, November 16, 2008

God and Me 20-

This week, I have heard a new song on the radio that I particularly like. It is a lovely letter, written from God to us. It just really seems to sum up the things He's been teaching me and the things I've felt recently. It also has some great messages about loving a child who is lost and confused and trying to figure it out on their own, which makes me think of my kids. The struggles I anticipate having with my kids are so clearly the same struggles I have with my Heavenly Father. The song is called By Your Side and it's by Tenth Avenue North. I added the greeting and closing.

My child,
Why are you striving these days? Why are you trying to earn grace? Why are you crying? Let me lift up your face. Just don't turn away.

Why are you looking for love? Why are you still searching? As if I'm not enough? To where will you go child? Tell me where will you run? To where will you run?

Cause I'll be by your side, wherever you fall. In the dead of night, whenever you call.

Please don't fight these hands that are holding you. My hands are holding you.

Look at these hands, at my side. They swallowed the grave, on that night, when I drank the world's sin, so I could carry you in and give you life.

Here at my side, wherever you fall. In the dead of night, whenever you call. Please don't fight these hands that are holding you. My hands are holding you. And I, I love you And I want you to know That I, I'll love you.

Dad

No comments: