Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday, D and I finished a project we started last weekend: adding insulation to our attic. Actually, the words "D and I" are misleading. We started last weekend and then decided it was not a two person job. So D asked a couple of his soccer boys to come help. A third boy overheard and asked if he could come. His words were "You don't have to pay me; I'll just come watch." Anyway, they came and helped and the project got finished in like 1 1/2 hours. We had supper and got to visit with the boys too. In some ways, we'd love to live in Crete because we'd like our home to be a gathering place for the soccer boys. But that's not where God has us right now.

On Saturday, we celebrated Thanksgiving early with D's grandparents. Now that his mom is gone, they only have us and D's brother as family. So holidays are a little odd as if we don't spend it with them, they are often alone. But we will offer them the choice of coming to be with us as we visit my family, even though we know they probably won't accept that offer.

Sunday was church and groceries and finishing another project in our basement. A portion of a wall in our basement needs to be rebuilt so a company is coming next week to do that. But all of the stuff in our basement needed to be moved or covered to keep out the dust from the project. The boys who came on Friday helped move some things but we needed to cover the rest of the stuff with plastic. That's all finished and ready for the demo crew.

Now my poor hubby is working on the last few assignments he has for the class he is taking. I'm so proud of him because this class really is hard. It requires so much reading and note taking, both of which he hates. I know he's got a lot on his plate but he has really tried hard to help me at home and help get ready for Kenson. He's stinking awesome!

And today's my mama's birthday. She has spent the last few days away from home, taking care of her mama, as my grandma had sugery over the weekend. So I hope she has taken some time for herself and not been too busy with everything and everyone else. Happy Birthday, Mom! (Ignore the naughty dog who looks like she's licking my poor mother's neck. The only other picture I had downloaded had her making a weird face.)

No comments: