Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Thankful Heart

This Thanksgiving, I know I have much to be thankful for. You know, the basics like a steady income, a lovely home, a car that runs... Just the month of November has a way of making us think about those blessings. But November also is special to me in another way. It makes me thankful in wide and deep way. We accepted Kenson's referral in November of 2006. And we began making inquiries about Conleigh in November 2007. So November is a month where our hearts are thankful for how God has worked to bring our kids into our lives. From a baby who shared a birthday with me which made him stick out in our minds to a little girl whose foster mom passionately wanted her to have a home, God has been at work.


November 2007 and November 2006 photos of my kiddos.

I am so thankful for His provision. And I also pray for His provision in life of another little boy, James. James is currently living at Haiti Children's Home and, as far as I know, is still in need of a family. He has been there for a long time, watching other kids leave to go home to their families. He desperately wants a family. His desperation practically oozes out of him. So here's my post for James. Please pray for a family for him. Please pass his info on; you never know who might be considering adoption. Take the time to help a little boy who wants a family of his own to be thankful for. Contact information for James would be Patti Vold at vvold@rttinc.com .

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I hope he gets a home. Kenson is on our Christmas prayer chain. You can see it on our blog. Just click on the picture and you can read the names.

kayder1996 said...

I saw your list. Thanks. We're so hoping we're home soon. It totally boggles my mind to think about your waiting; you guys have had all sorts of junk in your timeline.

Terry said...

You've been tagged! If you want to play along, you can go to my blog for details :-) Terry