Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Twiddling my thumbs

...and waiting for news. Still nothing on passports. I know there are several families from our orphanage waiting for this as well. And I know one of these families has been waiting a ridiculous amount of time to get their girls' passports. And I know lots of others are stuck at other places in the process so I hate complaining when we're so close to the end. But, that's half the problem. We're so close and I would like things to fit into nice neat time frames. (Those of you currently in the Haitian adoption process, quit laughing at that thought!)

This type of waiting is the worst. There should be some news. Any day now it feels like you should have news. And then you wait. And wait some more. And get discouraged.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

No laughing matter. We all do it - we wait for longer than we should, then we expect things in certain nice neat timeframes, then they are long past before we get the news we're expecting, then we do it all over again in the next step. Praying for encouragement for both of you, and for the good news that Kenson's passport is printed.

Mary said...

I'm right there with you Kayla. You are going to have to pinch your self when you are on the plane, on your way to Miami, with Kenson in your lap. Can this be real??? I can't believe it!!

Kathy Cassel said...

Hoping for a flood of passports so children can be home for Christmas.

Terry said...

Let's get those passports soon to those waiting...And it would be awesome for Kenson to be home by Christmas!

I'm with you on wanting those nice neat timeframes...but this is Haiti... By the way, did I ever thank you for the wonderful idea of doing "nice photos" in Haiti. The pictures I have are priceless...sometimes I just look at them and dream :-) Terry