Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bye Bye 2008


The Livesay family recently posted about welcoming the new year in and challenged their readers to think about describing the old year (2008) in 5 words. I thought about it for awhile but I am not sure I could do it 5 words. We've just had too much go on in the last year. From D's 52 year old mom dying but living eternally to adoption timelines bypassed to spending time with our kids to resigning from teaching to stepping into more front and center roles in our faiths to being upheld by our family and friends to learning about God's character and being close to Him. There's just a lot we've done in the last 12 months. So I've got ten words for the old year, done in semi-chronalogical order.

Grief
Disappointment
Waiting
Waiting
Joy
Change
Fellowship
Leadership
Longing
Faithfulness

1 comment:

Dawn S. said...

Wow. Five words. Thr first one that came to my mind was challenging due to my mother's illness and near passing. The next is gratitude. For Mom, and for the Lord bringing us a son we didn't expect in Philippe. Grateful how our kids in Haiti made the wait for Olivia in China easier to bear. Fast. This year flew by. Happy. The last half of 2008 brought a lot of joy. Exhausting. Four months of daily hospital/home visits for my Mom was exhausting. And getting the folks' house ready to sell after 30 years in the same home.

Whew. I did it. And now, I am tired. :)