Monday, August 17, 2009

My day in pictures

I actually went to school and worked today! (For the first time since Kenson came home.) Today, I helped administer reading tests. Just for a few hours. Tomorrow, same thing. I am hoping to sub a few days a week throughout the year so this has been a good time to break in my friend, Heather, who is going to be watching Kenson when I'm working. She has two twin boys who are a week older than Kenson which means 3 3 year old boys. She said she's up to the challenge and if anyone is, it's her. She's laid back and calm, all about letting kids be kids while following common practices of decency and courtesy. Kenson has now stayed with her twice while I went other places and has loved each experience. They live on a farm so there's dirt and swings and a trampoline and goats and corn and farm equipment and all sorts of things that little boys love.


Apples. Currently, the bane of my existance! Not really but when we were home last weekend, Kenson and my dad picked a five gallon bucket full of apples for us to take home. I was very excited about it. And then the apples came home. And I realized I would have to do something with them. Applesauce was on my list but I don't have an apple peeler so I have to do all of them by hand and I don't think my wrist and fingers can manage all of them by myself. I did get about 1/4 of the way through the bucket and got 4 jars of yummy cinnamon applesauce canned today. I was planning to freeze a lot of them but my mom said they were kind of soft for pies/apple crisp which is what I would freeze them for. So I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest.

Getting my needle and thread ready to go. A few ladies from school are starting a sewing group and I am excited to go! We're meeting in the home of one of the ladies tomorrow night for the first time. I have so many projects that need worked on. And I get to get out and chit chat with some lovely girls. I probably sound like an overeager teenager but in the last 6 months my opportunities for girl time have been limited. So tonight, I need to plan what I'm going to take to work on. So many unfinished projects, so little time.

thefreedictionary.com


1 comment:

Katy said...

Sounds like a great childcare arrangement...and a child-friendly job!