Wednesday, August 26, 2009

From the Pits of Motherhood (err, I mean the depths)

The last three days have felt like the pits around here. I don't quite know why. I have felt impatient. Kenson has seemed difficult. Not a good combination. Just a few tidbits from the pits...

-I had to say, "Quit blowing in the toilet," not once but at least three times (Don't worry, he had only peed in it so I only had to be concerned about waves of pee rather than sailboats of poop.)

-Kenson has decided he wants to pee standing up. Okay, I can live with it, especially since he thinks cleaning up the pee is sort of fun. That was until I realized he know is trying to pee in a circle around the top of the toilet so he gets to wipe up a lot of pee rather than just a little.

-Keeping with the potty theme, we have had multiple potty accidents. Yesterday, he managed to get both couches wet. That quickly reduced the number of available seats in the living room.

-And in general, non bodily fluid related news, Kenson has just been moody, disobedient, and full of tears and wails.

There is lots going on here since D started back to work and I've been out of the house a couple of days the last two weeks as well. He's only been at the sitter's for 2-3 hours at a time and has loved going but part of me thinks maybe some of this stuff is because of the changes in schedule. (That and the fact that he is a 3 year old boy!) He's still cute as ever and his smile always makes me grin. But it's been wearing on me and my patience is a bit thin. D cooked supper tonight which was wonderful. I took advantage of that and managed to take a bath without a child in the same room as me. Woo hoo for a super hubby!

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Two things--paint a target at the back of the toilet and hope he can't resist. Drop a cheerio in the toilet and have him try to sink it.

Unknown said...

Same for me, don't take my bath time away from me...or I won't be as good a mother!
-Sheri

Katy said...

Hang in there, I am sure the reward outweigh the challenges. =) But I do understand....I experienced challenges in just a few short days.