Monday, August 24, 2009

Deep Freeze

Our school has a special place for computer documents you want to save forever. It is called Deep Freeze. I think there's a reason for this: based upon my own simple experiments, anything that gets put in a regular old, store my food deep freeze often gets kept forever too. That said, I've been reorganizing and cleaning out my freezer space. Mostly because I have no more room to put things and I need the room. S

o out came all sorts of goodies including the frozen shredded zucchini that has been hanging out in there for over a year. I also still have apples from my folks to use up so that meant I looked for something that I could make that would use both the zucchini and the apples. I settled on Blueberry Zucchini Bread and Zucchini Apple Bread. I did use applesauce in place of 1/2 of the oil in the first one as well as 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 sugar to save on calories and fat. The other recipe is already lightened up with applesauce but I again used part Spenda with the sugar. I also omitted the pecans because D doesn't like nuts all that well and the nuts just add calories and fat. I haven't made either one of these recipes before. The zucchini apple combo was great and the blueberry bread is still baking so the jury is still out on that one.

But now the real conundrum: the extra loaves have to back in my freezer and probably take up more room than the frozen zucchini did.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Or you can send the loaves to work with D, drop one by your neighbor's house, or have yourself a mini bake sale at church this Sunday.

kayder1996 said...

Oh Lisa! You are so wise! Good ideas!