Friday, February 13, 2009

It all smells like POOP!

Everything in my house smells like poop! Everything! I am not kidding.

Last night/this morning, Kenson had a messy poopy diaper while sleeping. So he woke up this morning crying and D started cleaning that up. We then realized that our dogs who are always kenneled at night were standing on the stairs. So I went downstairs to put them away and was greeted by trash everywhere. Apparently, their kennel did not get latched last night. So at some point in time, they got out. (I thought I heard them around 5 a.m. but I was content in my bed and decided I was delusional.) They knocked over our kitchen garbage which had all sorts of goodies in it. An ice cream container. Styrofoam plates I had used to hold paint for a craft project. Cheese wrappers. And, of course, poopy diapers. And being the wonderfully ever charming canines that they are, they decided to eat all of it. Not the wrapper or the diapers so much. Just the contents of the wrappers and the diapers. Of course, being that they are not primates and are missing opposable thumbs, their garbage can adventures caused things to be strung from one place to another. It meant shredded wrappers and shredded diapers. It meant one gigantic mess.

The floors have been swept and swiffered and mopped and Chloroxed. The sheets have been stripped. The pajamas have been washed. But it still reeks.

As D put it, in the absence of something important to write about, write about poop.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

And there is nothing in the world like the smell of Haitian poop either...every morning for a year and a half I woke up to the smell of those poopy diapers...nauseating.

Any chance of him being potty trained soon?!

kb said...

Gross!

Terry said...

Thanks you for not including a picture :-) But all I had to do is envision a poop episode at my own home to know what you were taking about...our dogs like poop too...must be a dog thing...

Kathy Cassel said...

Ugh. Don't envy you. I've had similar times.

NUSLP said...

okay your post is even more gross than my boogers:)

Welcome to parenthood!

Salzwedel Family said...

Oh. my. gosh.

How awful! Really, really awful.

ruralnebr said...

Oh I second the "Welcome to Parenthood" comment! How sweet it is!!!!!!!!!!! I just cannot tell you how thrilled I am that Kenson is home and I love reading your posts. You've got some good perspective going, Kayla (and Daddy Derek!). We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (aren't we fortunate?) Have a blessed Valentines's weekend!!! Love, Auntie Sheree

Miss Alissa said...

Hahaha! I'm amused! And for the record, tell D that my blog only had a picture of a potato, enough said;)
Glad to hear you are enjoying ALL the facets of parenting:)

Bill and Christina said...

Awe the joys of being a parent!

Christina

Mary said...

I'm so sorry... that I'm laughing right now. Seriously though... that sucks!

Katy said...

I am so so sorry....that's horrible. But... if it makes you feel any better you've helped me. I would like to get another dog eventually (mine died two years ago), but now I won't until AFTER Gracyn is potty-trained. =)