Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Summary of my day...


Okay I didn't spend my whole day doing this but a good chunk of it. 

These microbraids are the start of Conleigh's dreadlocks.  They look complicated but really they are just basic box braids, done with very small boxes.  Keeping in mind that I would want to put in barrettes and pigtails, I made sure to put in parts that go down the middle and parts that go from ear to ear, then I just started dividing those sections out into the smaller boxes.  Most of the boxes have a base that is a bit smaller than the eraser of a pencil.  I tried go as small as a could without risking breakage.

I've been contemplating it since she came home and have finally decided to take the plunge.  Yes, I'll be sad to see free hair go but I will be very thankful to let go of maintaining her hair in some type of style.  I also will be very thankful to have hair that can easily be pulled up, put in barrettes, etc..  

I'm probably not quite 1/2 done.  I don't know how many braids, probably over a hundred.  And when I say micro, I mean micro.  They are teeny tiny.  Even though it's a lot of work to put them in, I'm actually excited to finish and hope I can get it all done on Saturday.  Then onto ponytails, pigtails, French braids, and cornrows...all while her hair is in these itty bitty braids!


No comments: