Friday, November 26, 2010

Shutterfly Christmas Cards...Good for You/Good for Them

We interupt this blog for a bit of shameless self (and Shutterfly) promotion.

I'm borrowing a bit from my friend, Cari, who made me aware of this special deal. This year, Shutterfly is making my (and possibly your) life easier & better! They are offering 50 free Christmas cards to bloggers who post about this deal in their blog-o-sphere. I'm game so here's my post.

I'm kind of a hit or miss Christmas card girl but if I'm getting something for free I'm pretty sure I can make this year a "hit" year.  And I have to say that since our family has grown since last Christmas, sending out some type of holiday greeting seems to be a necessity.  (Especially since I didn't send out any "adoption announcement".) 

So now the real question:  what to include in the cards/letter?   Ours will include our newest family portrait in some way.  Here are my ideas; tell me your favorites.  Or give me some new ideas based on cards you've received in the past.

1.  Card and letter with an acrostic with our last name, with sentences about the past year for each letter
2.  Card or letter featuring a collection of quotes said by our kids over the course of the year or featuring a collection of quotes from our kids about Christmas
3.  Card and letter with word search, made with clues that connect to our family
4.  Just a simple card, with no letter
5.  A card/letter formatted to look like a shape ie word organized to be a tree

If you need to view some options to get inspired, check out the regular Christmas cards, the photo Christmas cards, or the more generic holiday cards


And if you're a blogger and want to get in on the special:

Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… learn more: http://bit.ly/sfly2010 .

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love the idea of a summary of the year and the kid's quotes...you know what they say..."Kids say the darnedest things!" :)