Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mock Selvage Skirt Project



A big bag of small scraps (cottons, corduroy, satin), a garage sale that had a huge box of free jeans that had holes in their knees, and a book loaned to me (That Dorky Homemade Look, a comedic look at quilting) all resulted in me deciding to get crafty. I've also really been wanting to try something with some 1 inch size strips of fabric. So this project was perfect...Conleigh thought it was pretty. (She also thought it was pretty when it was just the top part of the old pair of jeans cut off. She quickly put it on and said "Pretty. Show Papa.") Anyway, maybe if I get ambitious I'll have some more in my Etsy store sometime soon...






3 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

That is awesome Kayla!

Lisa said...

This is so cute!! And with multiple strips, it can go with just about everything!

Stephanie said...

Adorable!