Tuesday, June 8, 2010

God and Me-More Hodgepodge

Still got lots of unconnected thoughts running in my head this week.

-I just started reading a blog called Passionate Homemaking. This week there was a great post on patience and anger. I specifically enjoyed what was said about man's anger not producing the righteousness of God. As a parent, it is so tempting to want to be angry as you discipline, trying to manipulate and control. You know that feeling, the "I will make you obey" feeling. This was a great reminder of the error in that type of thinking.

-I've also enjoyed reading my friend, Jake's, blog. He's a friend from high school church camp and college and currently a pastor in Omaha. I've just found everything he's written to be very thoughtful and relevent. He's the minister of adult studies (or something like that) so he has done a lot of Christian worldview/contemporary culture type posts.

-I'm also quite excited about Gregg's current sermon series, which is a look at Biblical characters and their prayer lives. And my friend, Nicky, recommended a book called The Power of a Positive Mom which I order off of half.com and am anxious to read.

2 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

It is so easy to parent in anger. But with God we can parent in the Holy Spirit.

christiancari said...

Jake will appreciate the shout-out!