Monday, June 7, 2010

Locs, month 9

We're actually almost at 9 1/2 months in locs. They are so low maintence right now. I tighten/retwist about every 6 weeks which takes maybe 2 hours, maybe a bit more. (To retighten, I twist the new growth at the scalp.)  Otherwise it's just wash and go. Occasionally, I add some coconut oil on top of wet hair or spritz with Taliah Wajiid Protective Bodifying Mist. I did switch to a clear cleanser/conditioner just because I had heard things about build up when you use a creamy, deep conditioner. So instead of Aubrey Organics, we're now using a homemade shampoo of 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup Castille soap, and 1/2 T. olive oil. I just put it in a squirt bottle so it's easy to use. I think we've seen some really good growth too. Some of the locs are now almost 5 inches long when stretched out. You don't notice it because they shrink up but they are really pretty long. Just for comparison's sake, here's a photo from when we first did them, next to one from this month.





1 comment:

Rumo Mom said...

Hi, Just starting the loc process with our son who has been home from Haiti for 4 months. Would really love any advice, products you used, how to even start the process. Help!