Thursday, April 1, 2010

A few hair pics...

I'm always hunting for some inspiration on line. So I might as well share what we've been up to with Conleigh's hair; maybe it will spark your creativity. We're still struggling with frizz around here; haven't yet figured out how to tame it. Too many different lengths or hair and an inexperienced stylist (me). So between the frizz and my photo quality, not the best photos. But you get the idea...



Box braids (about 1 inch in size) with zig zag part and puffs on the front. I wasn't sure I would like the smaller sections but they aren't so bad. Even with the small sections, I still had trouble with the uneveness of her hair. A lot of the braids were braided and then because of the uneven amounts of hair the braids turned into twists on the ends. First time with beads...hmmm....part of our hair issues come from having a hair twister...beads and a hair twister...more hmmm...the two puffs were really a necessity so she had something to twist that didn't have beads that she could pull out...by day 4 she was starting to get the hang of leaving the braids and beads alone


Piggy back braids, parted into pie parts and gathered into a very small puff at the back, accented with snaps on the last braid of each section...smaller sections but still didn't last longer than 4 days.

















2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I have no clue how to hook braids together and it might work well with kayla whose hair ranges from 1/4" to 2" so I understand the uneven stuff.

hannahsmom2005 said...

I would be glad to snap some pictures of the hairstyles of some the kids I work with and email them to you. They are always coming up with new things to do with their hair.