Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sum sum summertime foods

We are finally on the cusp of summer. It's been a long winter here. Lots of snow that refused to melt. I'm very thankful for the change in seasons; having a change always makes me appreciate the upcoming one. We've also started eating some of our favorite summertime foods. I thought I'd share two of them.

The first one is a no recipe one: grilled fresh pineapple. If you have not grilled pineapple, you really need to. It's divine. I like to sprinkle a little brown sugar and cayenne pepper on mine before I grill it. Sweet and spicy, one of my favorite flavor combinations.

The other is a recipe I just came upon this spring. I am not a real macaroni salad fan. But this recipe, Best Macaroni Salad, has changed my mind. I just use the dressing from that recipe and add in whatever type of pasta I have and whatever veggies sound good. Sweetened condensed milk? In a macaroni salad? Who knew?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NUSLP said...

Love the blog Kayla! Finally you and Derek made the header:)