Saturday, January 30, 2010

Keep the Word of God in your mouth

My friend, Christina, offered me some wonderful advice this week. "Keep the word of God in your mouth." Oh how those words have rung true so many times this week. As we were driving home from Lincoln tonight and I was feeling discouraged about not hearing a single thing from our government, those words again came to mind. But what would God say about this situation? What I got was the verse "Pray for those who persecute you." Obviously this isn't a deliberate persecution but it sure feels like there are many things stacked against us. It's so easy to be mad at the people who you feel like aren't doing their jobs. So tonight I prayed for those people who may be mentally fatigued from reading documents, who may have tired eyes from staring at a computer screen, who may have dealt with some really angry, hopping mad parents who were not kind or gentle in spirit. And you know what, I actually started feeling better about it. And then we got home and had three emails from DHS so that makes me feel even better. Counting God's word as a blessing...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you for this reminder.

Terry said...

hearing you say these words brought tears to my eyes...God is so faithful and, yes, there is a direct connection to peace, and His Words! And once we release or "right" to be angry, that's when the floodgates open up!

So glad to here how God is working on your heart. He loves you Kayla, and he loves Conliegh, and every single person in this world...wants them saved...even those who work for Unicef ;)

Bill and Christina said...

So happy to hear you are clinging to God's word!

kayder1996 said...

Let me say that on Tuesday or Monday I asked my friends on facebook to send me a special verse. Reading those responses was so encouraging and uplifting. Why is it I've never thought of that before? Those words are the best medicine for a soul, yet often I just ask for things that I think I need physically. I will remember this in the future and be more willing to ask for a gift like this for myself or to turn it around and "gift" a friend by asking her friends to send her special verses.