Thursday, January 28, 2010

Adoption, Breastfeeding, and Choo Choo Trains

This week, while taking a shower with Kenson, we had a wonderful conversation about all of these things, in only the way a three year old can. He started with "Mama, are your boobs broken?" Then "I want to eat them." So I asked him if he meant that he had seen a baby doing that and he wanted to do that. He said yes so I explained how when you have a baby grow in your tummy, that your boobs get milk inside and then the babies can drink that milk from your boobs. Puzzled look from Kenson and the words, "I want to go in there." as he pointed at my tummy. I reminded him that he grew in his Mama Juisline's tummy but that he was always in my heart and told him that he can't really go back in my tummy and that really drinking milk that comes from boobs is more for little babies. "Bummer, huh?" I said. And then he told me he wanted a choo choo train in the shower. Too funny...I love three year old conversations!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Kayla, what a precious momma you are! and what a wonderful conversation. He really communicates well. I am convinced that someone breastfed Asher. The way he rubs my back and trys to rub my chest makes me think he was.

kayder1996 said...

Kenson came to the O when he was three days old so I don't think he was breastfed. But he has seen a few friends breastfeeding babies. He also often regresses a bit when babies are around. Yesterday a friend visited with her 9 month old and he wanted to act like a baby the entire time he was here. (Crawling, waving his hands like a baby, etc.) Babies fascinate him so I don't know whether it's just his fascination, a desire to get attention like a baby, or just simply the fact that he still takes a lot of his social cues from the people around him. I kind of think it's the last one. (And praying that changes before he gets to school!)