Friday, January 8, 2010

Cabin Fever

When you haven't left your house for almost 5 straight days, you might as well bake, right? There isn't much in my pantry/refrigerator other than the real basic staples like canned goods and dry ingredients. That and D and I trying to eat healthier. So my choices were a bit limited. I did have a big box of Raisin Bran in the cupboard which I bought thinking of making muffins. I didn't really want muffins so I started looking for a cookie recipe that would use some of that Raisin Bran. I cut a tablespoon of butter from the recipe just to cut some fat and I added cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg so they were more of a spice cookie. All in all, they were pretty good for a kind of a weird sounding cookie. The Raisin Bran was a nice crunchy nutty change from the normal oatmeal.

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I'll just trust you on this one. Give me peanut butter brownies. Yum!!!

NUSLP said...

I have an awesome 12 week muffin recipe with Raisin Bran. I know you didn't want muffins...but I LOVE THESE! I didn't have a kitchen for 3 of the 5 days stuck inside...so I was jealous to hear that you baked even if you had to bake with what you had.