Saturday, November 21, 2009

L is for Leaf Shaped Cookies


To finish up talking about leaves, Kenson and I made some leaf shaped cookies last week. I have about a bazillion cookie cutters thanks to my brother-in-law, Daniel, but couldn't believe I didn't have a leaf. So we improvised and used a football. I added some stems to help with the leaf likeness. Kenson, of course, insisted they were footballs not leaves. A friend of ours who is in ministry with Fellowship of Christian Athletes in Colorado was back in Nebraska for a visit so she helped us decorate them. Great fun with Stacy! We're definitely not decorators extrordinares but it was still fun...and yummy. Best of all, I think I actually found a cut out cookie recipe I'm keeping. I like soft cookies, especially for cutouts and just hadn't found one that did the trick for me.

No comments: