Sunday, November 22, 2009

I am!

Kenson's newest favorite phrase is ...I am!

It's just funny to hear him use such gramatically charged words. And it's funny because he uses them even when he should use something different.

"Are you watching horses on tv?" "I am!"

"Do you have something in your cubby?" "I am!"

"Do you want to take a bath?" "I am!"

The other day I asked him something and he replied, "I am." Then he quickly said "No different one." In other words, "it's not supposed to be I am but I don't know what to say."

I'm guessing he says it no less than ten times a day. So cute to hear the little voice...I am!

Ohhh...I think I figured out where it came from. We've been reading Green Eggs and Ham a lot lately. He knows the whole story really well. "Not in a house. Not with a mouse. Not in a box. Not with a fox." He'll just start saying the nots. And today at supper he said, "You let me be!" I'm guessing that's where the I am business came from, Mr. Sam I Am.

No comments: