Monday, November 9, 2009

God and Me-Small Acts of Provision

God has continued to remind me to leave behind my fretting and worries. I can't say life is making that any easier. D's truck is having transmission issues which means we are in the market for a new truck, not something I wanted to have to be doing. Conleigh's file is still stuck in the same place. Two people who had been stuck with us, for the same amount of time, recently got out of IBESR. Even though you're glad they are unstuck, when people "leave you behind", there's always a twinge of jealousy. If I thought it meant they were going in some kind of order and our file was getting closer to being released, I'd probably be more excited. But there is no rhyme and reason to it and it really means nothing for our file.

Those things said, in the grand scheme of life, we are generally unscathed. There are a lot of other people who are dealing with things I certainly wouldn't want to be.

And as I said, God is continuing to remind me of His faithfulness to us. A friend recently posted Roman 5:3-4 on her Facebook page, something I had read last week as well. "And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope." I so appreciate God's sense of humor, timing, and divine way of putting things right in front of your face.

And in my own reading, I read from John 8:13. As translated by The Message paraphrase, from the words of the Jewish religious leaders as they tried to sort out if Jesus was the Son of God, "All we have is your word. We need more to go on than that." That was a good reminder for me. When you think about how your own action, doubt, and worry are a nonverbal version of "all I have is your word; I need more to go on than that" it leaves you thinking how empty that sounds. Especially when it's not just His words we are left with. God continually is at work in our lives and continually reveals Himself, often in small acts of provision as we live out our weeks. I often focus on the big things and don't take stock of those small acts of provision. But it is often those small acts of provision that demonstrate most how God is at work in our lives.

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I so understand about the happy for them but jealous. A bunch of us took our dossiers down in May 07together. We are the last of that group and nowhere near MOI yet. : (

The blank is for C's orphanage name.

Burkulater said...

This sounds so familiar. It's a constant battle, isn't it?! I prayed for patience right before I got pregnant with our 1st child, who turned out to be more than a handful in and out of the womb, but my-oh-my, what a blessing! I would never have thought I'd understand why God put me through that, but I'm thankful for it. I hope things turn for you soon!