Friday, March 27, 2009

Busy Weeks

These past weeks the weather was wonderful. Kenson and I worked outside a lot. We have a fenced lawn so I can basically work while he plays. He has loved exploring all of the things outside and playing the slide, his garden tools, and the soccer goal he got for Christmas. He has gotten a chance to see some new things like dirt and leaves and worms all up close.

I've been working on doing some edging in the garden with bricks. And I've been trying to get my garden planted. I did get my potatoes in with Kenson's help. I want to get in some peas and lettuce too but I'm going to wait just a few more weeks just in case we get a real good freeze yet.

The soccer season is in full swing and games just started within these last few weeks. Last
Saturday, we went to a soccer tourneyment to scout the teams that D would be playing the following week. And as a bonus, a family that has adopted a little boy from Kenson's orphanage was there watching their daughter play. Luckily, the mom had emailed me a bit before the game and just by chance, we figured out they would be traveling to the tourneyment so we stayed to watch the girls' games. Kenson had a great time sharing treats and playing soccer with their little boy who is about a year older. Tuesday and Thursday, D had soccer games. The Tuesday game started too late but we went to Beatrice on Thursday to the game. D is supposed to host a tourneyment this weekend but I'm not sure if the weather is going to cooperate or not. They were predicting 1-3 inches of snow earlier this week but I think that forecast has changed a bit.

We also started on potty training. Not something I intended but all last week Kenson hounded me to use our big toilet. So what the heck, we'll try. He started out really excited but that's starting to fade now. He goes almost every time you put him on the little potty we bought him but has yet to actually say he has to go potty. (Except at nap time where he asks to go potty so he won't have to go to sleep.) And now he's getting to the point where he has started saying no when you ask him if he wants to sit on the potty. So we may take a break from that. We'll see...

1 comment:

Salzwedel Family said...

Sounds like you've had some fun days. Nice weather feels so good.