Saturday, January 17, 2009

Soon

Soon we'll be getting on an airplane...
Soon we'll trade our sub zero temperatures for sweltering humidity...
Soon we'll be greeted at the airport by a Caribbean calliope of sounds...
Soon we'll be sweaty and sticky and up to our necks in fingers and hands and faces...
Soon we'll hold one sweet little girl...
Soon we'll leave one sweet little girl...
Soon we'll find a scared and shy and perfectly wonderful little boy...
Soon he'll be stuck to me, plastered to me, clinging to me...
Soon it will be forever....

Tickets are booked, suitcases are packed, final plans are being made.

6 comments:

kb said...

That is a beautiful word!
I am so happy for you!!!

Lisa said...

Will be praying as you travel, and for your adjustment once home. So excited for you!!!

Heather said...

Oh Kalya,

I am so excited your day is finally here!!! Safe travels and please keep us posted! I can't wait to see Kenson in your arms!

Natalie said...

So, so happy for you!!! I can't wait to see pictures. :)

Tracy said...

How exciting! Words just can't describe what you must be feeling...especially having to leave your daughter behind. But, still what joy to finally have your little boy home.

Jodie said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! Praying all goes well there and at home!!!