Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Live, from Haiti, it's Wednesday night!

As I write this, I am typing one handed as a baby sits on my lap and the orphanage staff/family prepare our supper. Conleigh is downstairs singing and doing their bedtime routine. The last few days have been exhuasting with little sleep, many concerns, and lots of little hands. But it's a good thing. We arrived in PAP with no problems and headed to Conleigh's orphanage. She spent most of yesterday being standoffish and stubbornly refusing to have anything to do with D or I. Today, after some bribing with food, she was much better and wanted to hang around the lady who was willing to carry her everywhere.


Kenson's visa was not printed yesterday as the Embassy had said. Apparently, there was a problem with the printer. But today, we received an email from the Embassy saying the visa had been printed and that our processor should come by and pick it up. So printed it is!

10 comments:

Nadia said...

aww, give conleigh some extra lovin' from us :) I got your cheque today..I'll send them out asap.

NUSLP said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH! Wow! What a great picture!

Thanks for updating:)
Rhi

Kathy Cassel said...

Yay!! How exciting. They do come home. God bless you as you start this mew season of life.

Pihl Pastures said...

So happy for you guys! Happy traveling!

kb said...

I am so happy for you! What a dream come true. :) I am looking forward to pictures of Kenson at HOME!!!!
~Kristi

Amanda said...

Whooo Hooo! Enjoy your babies!!!

Amanda said...

How exciting! Your bringing Kenson home, right?? How EXCITING!

Congratulations and safe travels to you!!

wyss3 said...

HI! I hope you remember me! I was Rhiannon's first student teacher, Julie. I found your blog on Rhiannon's blog and have been following your adoption adventures. I absolutely LOVE the picture you posted of you and Conleigh. I think you and D are doing something amazing and you are in my thoughts and prayers! I can't wait to hear more!
Enjoy your time in Haiti!
Julie Wyss

kayder1996 said...

Julie-I remember. The husband does not...

Katy said...

Oh...and I LOVE the pics of your baby girl with her mommy and daddy! I will continue to pray her home with her family,....