Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let the joys begin as well

Lest you think our days at home have been marked only by crying, let me share with you some photos of the joys of adopting a toddler. Everything is new which is good but overwhelming. I think the newness must come in layers. The first time in a room you notice the walls and the lights. The second time you notice the sink and toliet and bathtub. The third time you notice the water in the sink and toliet and bathtub. The fourth time you notice that Mama can make the water come and go. The fifth time you want to try it. So you put your hand in it tentatively. Then you try to make the handles work. It's all amazing. And the best part is, it splashes!




6 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

It will be so fun watching him discover all the new things.

Salzwedel Family said...

Oh what fun! He is such a precious boy.

Mary said...

Oh Kayla, it is so great to see him at home. Aside from the tantrums... you must be in heaven :-)

NUSLP said...

I love it! I am so glad to have him home. I can't wait for the day for my boys to play with him:) He is around Patton's age:)

PS. I told everyone about your blog on our email...so you will be getting more hits:)

Katy said...

Wow....what fun! =)

Sean's Ladies said...

love when water heals all things!!! A long, warm tubby in our home goes miles on rough days. :)