Sunday, October 26, 2008

God and Me 17-Watching Water Boil

These last few weeks have been difficult. We are fustrated with the lack of progress with Kenson's dossier. It's like watching and waiting for a pot of water to boil...for weeks on end. Any day now, we could have the approval needed to get his passport printed. Or it could be another month. Or another two months. It's nuts.

For me, it's been times of real discouragement interspersed with times of real encouragement. God has continued to be faithful and send out bits of hope here and there. And I am so thankful for that. But there are still quite a few times where I'm left feeling like things are unfair and that things are not working the way I would like. This week, God reminded me to stop and see what He has done through a song sung by The David Crowder Band. The words "Come and listen to what He's done. Come and sit a while with Me." echoed through my head one day followed by the words from another song "God is good." I found myself just sitting in silence and being reminded of God's faithfulness to me, and others both my contemporaries and the people of the Bible. Today at church we also sang several songs that reminded me that "out of Zion's hill salvation comes" and "what have I to fear, what have I to dread, leaning on the everlasting arms." I would ask that you continue to pray for the release of Kenson's dossier from the MOI office so that his passport might be printed. And I would ask you to pray for us as well, that we would not be discouraged, that we would pray from God's perspective as we wait.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Your little ones are so precious, and I'll be praying for movement on their cases. I have noticed some of your comments on others' blogs, and on the FHG group. Thank you for the welcome! I am adopting Nephtalie (Gracyn). Please email me at savjean10@aol.com if you are interested in reading my blog. =) Maybe I will meet your little man when I am in Haiti next week. Katy

Mary said...

You got it sista!