Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bedtime conversations...so sweet you'll want to eat it up

Tonight at bed, as Kenson and I were rocking, he smiled and asked if he was Mama's baby boy. And if Conleigh was Mama's baby girl. That was sweet enough but as we continued to talk, I reminded him of how God made him special and that there are so many things about him that are unique. That his pointy eyebrows are like his Mama Juislene's. And that he is big and tall like his Papa Jameson. And that God made his skin and eyes and hair brown like chocolate.

And then I shared that while Mama and Papa don't look the same as him, that we have other things that are the same. Like five fingers on each hand. That my skin isn't chocolate but that God connected my heart to Kenson's in a special way. To which he promptly said, "And I have a chocolate heart!"

Wonder how long the boy will go before he realizes hearts aren't made out of sweet edible confections?

No comments: