Wednesday, October 9, 2013

6 Weeks

Kai is 6 weeks old today.  I think we are starting to emerge from the haze that is having a newborn.  In the last few days, he has started consistently eating 4 ounces at a time and has consistently gone more than 2 hours between feedings.  Still likes to be up every 2 hours during the day but his nighttime sleeping habits seem to involve stretching the feedings out.

I have my 6 week check up today but in general, things with me have gone really well.  I have felt really good pretty much the whole time aside from a head cold last week and one or two days of some tummy issues that seem to maybe be surgery related.

In the "this might be oversharing but oh well" department, yesterday I was discussing with D my 6 week doctor's appointment and said I assumed I would have a pelvic exam but wasn't sure if I would have to have a full PAP smear done.  Conleigh overheard and immediately wanted to know why I got to have a popsicle.  Ah, if only!  As I explained that this was not what I said, that a PAP smear is a kind of test you have done at the hospital, Kenson then chimed in that he was pretty sure he had had one of those too.

Conleigh and Kai

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

I'll take the popsicle any day.