Saturday, April 7, 2012

Um, it's Easter time?

That kind of sums up how I've been feeling.  Not very prepared for what a lot of people describe as the "most holy of all Christian holy days."   But I did read this today...a bit of turning my thoughts to Jesus in the middle of a crazy busy schedule that has not had much time for reflection.


"...And as much as I hate that Jesus didn't power up and come off the cross and "wow" people, or say to his disciples "now's the time, grab your swords", or do some spiritual jujitsu .... Once in a while I am grateful that our faith leaves space for Saturdays-the unanswered questions, the impossible hopes, the disappointment and frustration and sense of betrayal. If only for the fact that I can know I am not alone.  We're Saturday sorts of people." 
-Sarah Dornbos

No comments: