Friday, August 5, 2011

Birthday Number 5


While we are still dealing with more family drama (ie my dad having a heart attack two weeks ago, then having stomach issues and being hospitalized since last week), we did manage to eek out a dinosaur birthday cake for somebody who is about to turn five.  Kenson's birthday wishes were 1.  a dinosaur cake  2.  go to Grandma and Grandpa's to eat  3.  a fire truck toy.  The kids were especially excited about the chocolate rocks I bought to go with the dinosaur.  And Kenson really wanted to eat his head.

We were hoping my dad would be out of the hospital by today and that was in the works even yet this morning but then an upset stomach nixed that plan.  So we celebrated with Grandma, Grandma 2, Aunt Sheree and Uncle Time, Alissa, Quinn and Breanna while poor Grandpa sat in the hospital 30 minutes away.  We'll go see him tomorrow.  Too bad he can't even enjoy a piece of cake.

Lastly, I suppose the real question is why does five seem so much older than four?  Oh my, how unbabylike 5 is.  Now it's on to loosing teeth and reading and counting to 100.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

My little one is about to turn 5 too. It does seem way older! I think it's his long legs... the baby fat is gone. It goes so fast...

Heidi