Saturday, February 26, 2011

Trust and Comfort-How Then Should We Pray?

Last week, I wrote about wishing God would make things clearer in my life and how that kind of runs in contrast with the Biblical truth of truth and faith.  I want comfort.  I want stability.  I want the assurance of saying "This is what God has for me.  See how it lines up neatly and how easily I can follow His leading."  Instead, what I have is a variety of paths, forking in many direction.  Instead what appears to be in front of me are lots of roads that appear to simply drop off once you start walking on them, with no visible end point.

While I've spent most of my time this week in James and Galatians, this video was part of my worship on Friday morning.  Oh how I appreciate the juxtaposition of praying for things that make us feel comfortable and steady with praying for things that make us stronger and wiser.  It's more on the long side (8 minutes or so) but well worth the watch, especially if you are questioning what God has for you or why God isn't clearer in what He is asking you to do.  And then just for good measure, head over  here.  (Another thing God placed in my path this week, all about the land of Inbetween and God's pupose in that place, which nicely crisscross across the idea of how should we pray.)

No comments: