Sunday, September 26, 2010

Random quotes (or at least mental notes) from the weekend

"You've got to be kidding me!'  -my thoughts after watching my daughter get her coat and tell a near stranger she was going home with her...the near stranger was the social worker who was out to write our post placement visit on Conleigh's adjustment from orphanage life to family life.

"If you're selling a chest of drawers for a buck, you're essentially selling firewood."'after seeing a decrepit piece of furniture during the Junk Jaunt, a lengthly garage sale event in the middle of Nebraska where all sorts of people pull stuff out of barns, garages, and basements to sell as antiques.  It's usually a pretty good mix of aweome stuff (like amazing antique chairs that I'd love to paint different colors and put on my front porch) and crap (like the aforementioned dresser).

"I'm so stealing that one!"-my thoughts after my husband rolled his eyes at my cousin and she asked him exactly what he saw back there.  We visited my family this weekend and we played and laughed a lot.

"I can't believe I'm laughing this hard."-as tears rolled down my cheeks upon seeing the gift my grandma gave my aunt...one foam earpiece cover for a set of headphones.  Just one of the covers, not a matching set.  God bless my grandma but she is quite the gift giver!  Lest you think I'm mean...yes it was a real gift, given with a serious heart but this type of gift giving is a normal event and one that endears my grandma to me in a very unique way.

"Go, go, go!"-my standard football cheer, stolen from my mother, uttered multiple times as we watched the Husker game at a theater while my folks watched the kids.  I think Derek really enjoyed watching the game without the kids wanting to play football, playing cheerleaders, screaming about random things, throwing temper tantrums, whining about who knows what, and just in general making it hard to watch the game on tv.  (In their defense, they are 3 and 4 and watching a televised football game is so not developmentally appropriate.)

No comments: