Sunday, July 11, 2010

Whirlwind Weeks

Anybody getting the feeling that their summer is whooshing by? This last week was C-R-A-Z-Y! And I was missing kids for part of it! Here's the run down:

Sunday the 4th-head to my aunt and uncles, watch fireworks, play, laugh, play a little pitch, stay up way too late visiting with my family including my cousin and his family who were back from NY

Sunday night through Wednesday-visit Grandma and Grandpa's house ( my folks'), visit my best friend from high school, play and play and play, slip and slide good times

Wednesday-D and I leave, kids stay at Grandma and Grandpa's, we arrive back home and start thinking about our next departure, kids play and play and play

Friday-D and I head to Lincoln for the FCA's Coaches Marriage Enrichment Weekend, Bob and Jan Horner who normally speak with Family Life's Weekend to Remember were the guest speakers, plus "huddle time" with other coaches and their families, kids build a sandbox with Grandpa and play and play and play

Friday night through Sunday morning-overnight at the Cornhusker Hotel for D and I, enjoying the speakers, two nights and two days worth of meals for $100 (seriously a great deal!), kids play in the pool and get to enjoy Uncle Jared's company (I'm just praying they haven't resorted to calling him Dr. Jared since that's his goal in life: to convice people he is a doctor simply by inserting falsehoods in conversation enough that it somehow becomes fact,)

Sunday noon-D and I leave conference, head home to host soccer boys as we watch the World Cup soccer final, feed a group of high school boys, D plays soccer with them, I get some groceries, kids are still playing I'm sure

Monday-sometime on Monday we'll be headed to GI to pick up the kids, then we kick off VBS for the week (evening VBS so that will give us some more "we're out of our routine" feeling)

Any wonder I'm feeling like we're in a whirlwind?

And looking ahead to the coming week, with VBS, isn't feeling any calmer. VBS, a few playdates on the schedule which we may just have to say no to, and perhaps the highlight of our week, Conleigh's Julie is coming for a visit. Julie is one of Conleigh's Haiti buds who has been friends with Conleigh for most of her time in Haiti and came on the same plane out of Haiti. Her family lives in Kansas and is going on a roadtrip that will take them close to us so they are stopping at our house for lunch this week. I don't know how she'll process it all but I'm excited for their visit.

Do you hear the winds starting to blow the week right past us? I do...

No comments: