Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July hair







We just wrapped up another month + of yarn braids. After a few days of free hair, I put in a block pattern veil style. It's actually holding up pretty good and is maybe one of my favorite styes that I've done on her head. The front and the back are done in twists. The first blocks have a pony that is split into four sections, two making up one twist and two making up another that then adjoins to a pony on the next level. Four puffs go across the middle and to transition from the veil to puffs, I put the last pony on each level in a two strand twist. Each puff has one section that is beaded with red and turquoise beads, enough beads to make the beaded strand stand ups, kind of like a mini fire cracker. Then I cut red tulle into strips and used it like ribbon on the puffs. It looks complicated but really it isn't that difficult.