Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Apparently, nothing says "Happy Mother's Day!" to two three year olds like peanut butter because that's what they told D that I would like. (Actually, I believe they really wanted to get a peanut butter toy but he talked them into a jar of peanut butter.) I love that D lets them get whatever they really want. It's so funny to see what their little brains cook up.


Regardless, happy mother's day! There's a quote about well behaved women rarely making history. I'm thankful to have grown up in a a family full of history making women, women who rarely behaved. From my own mom to my granny to my grandmas, I have been blessed by their presence. I've since added women to the ranks of our family including my now departed but celebrating from heaven mother-in-law and two birth moms, Juislene and Bernadette, who both made choices that kept their children safe, healthy and well fed in a country where plenty of moms don't make those choices. Joyfully celebrating a mother's day with both of my kids in my presence, thinking fondly of my mother-in-law and wishing she were here, gratefully aware of the impact of the lives of many other women on my life....

1 comment:

Miss Alissa said...

They are precious, peanut butter(chuckle, chuckle)! I love Conleigh's hair. Hope your next week is full of blessing!! Happy Mother's Day!