Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fantabulous Dulce de Leche Carmel-1 Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipe


As I write this, I'm enjoying a wonderfully ooey gooey snack of carmel and chocolate animal crackers. Actually I've been going at it a bit like fondue pot. Pretzels in carmel. Apples in carmel. Celery in carmel. (Not really, but I'm guessing I could probably eat this carmel on just about anything.)


Seriously good and here's the kicker...super easy. Buy sweetened condensed milk. (However many cans you want.) Leave it in the can but remove the label. Put it in your crockpot/slower cooker with enough water to completely cover the cans. Plug your cooker in and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Open and enjoy. It's a actually better if you are patient enough to let the carmel cool down in your fridge overnight. But we ate it semi warm last night for supper and managed to choke it down.


I can't believe I didn't know about this before....

1 comment:

Jan said...

O.K.! Have.to.try.this.NOW!