Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"Donut" You Know It's Almost Valentine's Day?

Conleigh was the creator of our Valentine's treats this year.  She was so cute because she had it all figured out, right down to the pun she wanted to use.  Her idea?  She wanted to give everyone doughnuts and put a note on them that said "Donut share."  She thought she was so clever!

I talked her out of the unabashedly selfish "Donut share." and instead talked her into "Donut you know how much I like you?"  and "Donut you know you are a great teacher?"  The boys were onboard with the doughnut theme so this afternoon, we took the time to assemble our school treats.  I used my scrapbooking progam to make a cute little card and we then took store bought doughnuts and added lollipop sticks and white chocolate drizzles.  We dipped the lollipop sticks in white chocolate so they wouldn't come out of the doughnuts.  Zeke helped me do that part by handing me the sticks.  Since our school has a "no homemade treats" policy, Conleigh helped me put a sticker on the back with a link to Sara Lee's allergy information and ingredients list.  All three kids helped stuff the bags, while I put the card in and twisted the tie shut.

If you know Conleigh, you are probably well aware of her love of doughnuts, so if you also happen to get a Valentine from her which means she shared her precious treat, count yourself as really loved.


Thanks, http://www.positivelysplendid.com/2012/01/valentine-doughnut-pops.html for the inspiration.

No comments: