Thursday, June 13, 2013

Helping

Now, Zachary Zugg took out the rug
And Jennifer Joy helped shake it
Then Jennifer Joy, she made a toy
And Zachary Zugg helped break it

And some kind of help is the kind of help
That helping's all about
And some kind of help is the kind of help
We all can do without
(From Shel Silverstein's Helping)


When I was little, we had a record with this poem set to music.  I think I need to find it for my 
daughter.  In the last two days, she has cleaned my windows with Spray and Wash, wiped my
 laundry room floor with Windex, and filled the fabric softener dispenser with detergent.  "But I
 was just trying to help..."  I know, dear, I know.

1 comment:

BethanyH said...

Maybe you could get her a little spray bottle of her own with like just a weak vinegar and water solution? Then she could "help clean" without a large mess!