Friday, May 4, 2012

Winners and Losers

Sometimes you just can't win.

Like yesterday.

Kenson and Conleigh had been upstairs running around and came down with their shirts off, complaining about sweating.  I noticed Conleigh wiping something in her hair and decided it must be milk because that was the only liquid nearby.  I asked her if she just put milk in her hair and she quickly answered yes.  When I told her that didn't seem like a very good idea, she quickly told me that the soccer boys squeezed stuff out of their drink bottles and put into their hair when they were hot and sweaty so she should be able to do the same.

Then at the end of the day, Kenson loudly shouted something about wanting to kill Zeke.  No malice intended; I honestly think he just says stuff to hear himself talk.  I reprimanded him, telling him that we don't talk like that even if we are kidding or if we think it's funny.  I told him that we are supposed to be showing others about God by the things we say and I asked him if God or Jesus would talk like that.  He nodded his head yes and then told me that God would of course talk like that because God made a flood that covered the whole earth and killed everyone.

So yes, they win.  They are right.  I am, well, not wrong but not right either.   I will not argue I'll just shake my head and exit stage left.

1 comment:

Esther said...

That is a HOOT! Thanks so much for the smile!