Thursday, January 19, 2012

Locs Style-Full Head Flat Twists

I always have a terrible time finding any inspiration for things to do to jazz up Conleigh's locs so I thought I'd share our latest style online for others to view.  I parted her hair in half and then parted each half into 4 sections.  From there, I did flat twists starting at the front and going all the way to the nape of her neck.  I find myself using flat twists over cornrows because they are faster and because Conleigh doesn't have  lot of hair in some places so I run out of hair if I try to do cornrows.  Since cornrows are a braid, if you miss stitches it starts getting very noticeable.  With flat twists, you can miss stitches and no one is any wiser.  At the neckline, I used a rubber band to hold each twist which left me with some straggly looking ponytails.  So I twisted and rolled each of those ponytails into messy buns which I secured with a soft, colored ponytail holder.  (Early morning pics, after about 2 days of wear so we're a little messy looking yet.  She does have some new growth which I just started braiding/locking so I didn't want to stress it by putting it back in the twists.)


1 comment:

Library Learner said...

She is a beautiful little girl. A couple of Sundays ago she told John,"I ate a chocolate doughnut, and I drank chocolate milk, and I'm chocolate!"