Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Some funny tidbits from the week

Apparently it's been a good week for that...

*When I asked Kenson what he wanted for supper tonight, he quickly told me "kitty cat." Hmmmm.... I think he's on a big kick about animals being sources of food ie cows are hamburger, chicken is chicken, pigs are bacon but the kitty cat bit is just too funny.
*Kenson told us that they prayed at lunch today at preschool...and then started singing the little song they sing about your hands to get ready for lunch.  Open shut them, open shut them, give a little clap.  Open shut them, open shut them, put them in your lap."  I guess that's sort of like a prayer.
*Conleigh apparently got a bug bite on her finger the other day. She kept itching and itching. Finally she looked at me and begged, "Cut it off!" That fits perfectly with our earlier conversation regarding getting one's eyes poked. She said to me "it get broken?" to which I replied "ye...s". She then asked "get a new one?" and looked quite puzzled when I told her you only get two eyes.
*From Kenson, "I didn't bite; I was just pinching with my teeth."
* And...as I was straightening out Kenson's hair and removing the dog hair that finds its way into it "I have goat hair in there." Hmmm, I promise he has not been sleeping with goats...


On a just awesome note, he counted to 13 tonight all by himself (and pointed using one to one correspondance for all you education folks) then skipped around to 16 then 15. Pretty good for a kiddo who knew no English 18 months ago!  It's so fun to watch those little brains learn.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Elijah counted to 8 by himself tonight - using one-to-one correspondence. I'd been helping him in one of the bedtime books we read - he likes to stop on one page and count the trees. I let him do it himself, and he did all the numbers right - I was so proud!!!

Josephine, on the other hand, tried to do it herself, and started at three. But once I got her restarted at one, she got to five on her own, with the one-to-one correspondence. Which was good because she usually says one, two three eight. This morning in the car she did that and we counted to four half the way to daycare - maybe that sunk in! :)