Thursday, June 4, 2009

8 Months and Counting

That's how long Conleigh's file has been in IBESR. Last night, we get an email saying the reason IBESR has not signed our file out is some missing paperwork. IBESR is wanting to see a letter from our doctor stating that we are infertile. Um, great...if only we were adopting for that reason. Supposedly, that is the only reason why IBESR has not signed our file. How frustrating that it has taken this long to find out they are waiting for something that they will never receive because it does not apply to us. We'll see what happens next.

With Kenson's adoption, we were in IBESR only 3 months. The timeline at that time for IBESR was 3-5 months. With his adoption, the adoption time line contained estimated processing times that spanned 3-4 months for each office that processed documents. It seems now that the timelines have been stretched and those gaps widened. I honestly don't think anyone has a good working timeline for a typical Haitian adoption anymore. Instead of having a few files with stays that have exceeded the timelines and become exceptions, it seems like those that are exceptions are those dossiers that have had no added delays and been processed within the old time frames.
So far, I have felt fairly patient with Conleigh's stuff. Or maybe it's just been distracted by all that's gone on with Kenson. I don't know. But now that we're on month 8, I'm getting antsy. I know lots of other people who are stuck in different offices; just thought I'd post to tell you all that I've come over to the "dark side" and now consider our file stuck and my patience tested.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry about the wait. We are there, too (11 months and counting.)

John and Kim Fleming said...

Kayla,
I feel your pain! Waiting sucks especially as you watch them grow older and older.
Kim
(Daniels's Mom)

Kathy Cassel said...

I don't know why they'd ask you for that letter. With no birth kids your file should have flown through.

Two years in process has come and gone for us. And seriously, I'm expecting it to be 8-12 months more. Just realistic. We have been at the long end of every single office.

Bill and Christina said...

Hey Kayla,

Wait upon the Lord and taste and see that He is good. Keep focused on Him.

Christina

sheri wiebe said...

Kayla, you know I understand...going through it too right now though we haven't waited as long as you have. We know we have missing paperwork but still no idea what's missing. Let's hang in there...

Sheri
(Julie's mom)

Katy said...

That just seems SO unfair...I don't understand how they come up with all these extra things to delay it. Especially when you already went through once without it! Crazy...I am at more than 9 months in now and getting VERY WEARY.