Wednesday, August 6, 2008

God's Quirky Presence

Well, apparently God thinks I need to read from Romans 8 today. When I sat down to do my quiet time today, that's where my Bible was open to. Remembering Romans 8:26-28, I thought that those verses would definitely be comforting to my soul as I've been a bit disappointed about certain things as of late. So I read through those verses and several others from that chapter and then and copied them into my journal, talking a bit with God as I wrote. Then I got home from my training today and read someone's blog. She happened to have a post on waiting and Romans 8:25 just happened to be included. I am so thankful that my God knows what my heart needs to hear, that God shows up in quirky little ways in my life. Wondering what amazing life altering words are in Romans 8:25-28? Here they are...


But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

2 comments:

Miss Alissa said...

Happy Birthday Kayla and Kenson! I love you!

kayder1996 said...

Thanks my dear! We love you too!
Kayla