Saturday, January 3, 2009

No news yet

I know you are all just hanging on the edge of your seat, waiting to hear if we have news about Kenson's visa. I know it's consuming your every thought. I know that you have all checked airfare prices and started packing your bags because...what? You haven't done that. It's just me?
Anyway, after my phone call saying we had I600 approval, we did receive an email on Tuesday from USCIS. The email said the same thing and that they would be taking our approval, dossier, and passport over to the Embassy by Wednesday and that we would receive an email when that had been done. (My understanding is that the two offices are now in the same building so one would think it wouldn't be too difficult to get the paperwork there.) We did not receive any email from the Embassy saying that they had received our things before they closed on Thursday and Friday for the New Year and Ancestor's Day. So we're stuck waiting until Monday when I can find out more. We also did not hear anything back from the Embassy on scheduling Kenson's visa appointment. So again, we'll have to wait until Monday.

4 comments:

kb said...

I am busting at the seams with excitement for you! Any day now...

Lisa said...

Praying that you have news first thing Monday, that you have a visa appointment scheduled for this week!

Miss Alissa said...

I am hanging on the edge of my seat!! I don't know how many times a day I check your blog. SO EXCITED for Kenson to come home!!!

kayder1996 said...

Alissa,
I'm so glad I'm not alone...actually be glad you don't live with us. The last month has been a bit emotional...tears are good, right?