Monday, January 5, 2009

Go towards the light!

Okay, after a bit of a loopy morning, I think we're finally on the absolute last thing of Kenson's adoption. I had two emails this morning: one from USCIS saying all of our business with their office was complete and another from the Embassy saying that they could not give us a visa appointment because they did not have an approved I600. So I emailed the Embassy detailing what USCIS had told us and also our adoption liason and asked her what I should do. And then I left the house! (I knew I would be a totally headcase checking my email every 5 minutes,waiting to hear from both of them.) So I drove to a town with aWalmart and a small mall so I could get out of the house. Those of you from around here know my shopping/opportunities for diversion would be quite limited.

Anyway, when I got back, our adoption liason had emailed and said to go ahead and call. So I called USCIS first to verify that our things had really been approved and weren't just sitting somewhere. They verified this and said that perhaps the Embassy just hadn't logged them into their system. So I was going to call theEmbassy but then came down and checked my email first. The Embassy had emailed back twice. The first was probably just a generic one, acknowledging receipt of our paperwork, and the second was in response to my emails, saying that they had received our I600 approval today rather than Wednesday which is what USCIS had said.

Anyway, they said we could schedule our visa appointment so now we are just waiting to hear back from them on that. Hopefully we'll be able to get an appointment this week yet so that we can travel soon. My brother in law who lives in Boise is visiting NE for the first time in a year and has scheduled his trip for January 8-18. We are hoping we aren't in Haiti the entire time he is here; we would sure hate to miss him. But at any rate, the light is getting brighter, much brighter! I'll let you all knowwhen I hear back from the Embassy. (And hoping we hear something soon because I'm turning into a real nutball as I try not to check my email constantly. I'm trying to work on a purse as a distraction but I'm not sure how well it is working.)

7 comments:

A Blessed Life said...

Looking forward to seeing those homecoming pictures!

Kathy Cassel said...

yay! Hoping it's this week!

Amanda said...

That's AWESOME!!!!

Katy said...

ALMOST THERE!!! Hooray! I can't wait until he is in your arms, and maybe he will be there to meet his uncle!

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

YEAH! You are so close!!

Heather said...

AWESOME Kayla! I can't wait to hear you have an appointment!