Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Preparing for the Future...

Okay, bear with me. This is my first post (D speaking) and since K has been able to post quite frequently, I would like to give it a shot. I must admit, waiting for Kenson to come home is quite hard. Sooooo while I wait I like to purchase things for him to either wear or use when he gets here. Here is my latest purchase. What a buy!!! I was able to purchase these size 9 (toddler indoor adidas soccer shoes) off of Ebay. Those of you who do not know I love soccer and am the high school soccer coach to the varsity boys soccer team where I teach. So with this in mind I have been looking and purchasing things for Kenson (soccer related) so that he will be able to make a smooth transition from walking hesitantly to running, passing, and scoring like the great Pele. While I am preparing for Kenson to possibly not like soccer, in my heart I hope he will at least humor me and try. Jorge look what I bought!!!! (Jorge is my adidas loving assistant coach)

5 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I have soccer cleats for my twins already! Just regular Walmart clearance though. Jasmine has her first game Saturday. I hope the twins are home to start U6 next fall and your guy too. (although I don't think he's quite ready for
U6. Do they have U3????)

kayder1996 said...

For the record, the purchase of said shoes was a point of discussion for quite some time because a. I refuse to spend a lot of money on anything especially children's shoes and b. we already have tennis shoes for Kenson. But women who rule with an iron fist often end up with no husbands so... (Actually I try not to rule at all but you get the drift.) And let's hope there is not an under 3 league because my poor children would be playing soccer before they could even speak English. K

kayder1996 said...

I forgot to put the shoes were really fairly inexpensive as they were used.

Miss Alissa said...

Nice shoes, Derek:)

Lisa said...

The shoes are so cute!

I also would not have gotten the fancy shoes, but nice they weren't too expensive. It's funny you say they're used. They don't look it - just shows my usual point of contention that kids grow out of things too fast to buy them the expensive variety.

Kaylen started soccer again today. Around here the parks & rec leagues are pretty informal until 1st grade, but then they get serious about sports in this town. They even play indoors and in tennis shoes and no shin guards until then also. She did pretty good today - was more of a defensive player and less aggressive today, showing her maturity since last year.